Monday, December 05, 2005

Still here

Sorry for the lack of posting...it's that time of year!

School is going well for Fiona, Sophia is full of personality and is not yet walking, but has a look in her eye...

We have a completely unadorned tree waiting for decoration. I have wrapped what presents I've gotten so far, but what is sucking up all my time are the edible things I make for Christmas, which I'm hoping to mail to family before Christmas...not to mention the photo Christmas cards...

Fiona has started really expressing an interest in spelling. She will sit there looking at a sign or a book and try to spell and sound out the words. Her teacher has even noticed this and is encouraging her but not pushing her (you can't really push Fiona anyway). I think we are perhaps at the threshold of reading and I can't think of anything more exciting than finally being able to read!

1 comment:

Lone Star Ma said...

Wow...that's so exciting! I remember the first word the LSG read...rat! She was about Fiona's age, too. Now she reads Harry Potter. It goes too fast! Congratulations on your little literate one!