Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Back to School

Due to popular demand, here are pictures!



Here's Fiona in her new dance duds.



Sophia taking a break from raking leaves.



Fiona resting in the leaves.



Fiona's back at school today and I'm just waiting for the phone to ring. She has a cough but it is really mild and seems to happen just at night and in the early morning. I gave her some OTC cough syrup which I never do unless she needs to sleep at night. So I met the other class's teacher's assistant and I didn't get a great first impression. She introduced herself, which was good points, but then her manner with Fiona was sort of impatient and distainful. It's sort of a vague impression I got and it may be a false one. Good grief, though, the day is just starting. I can sound like she did, but it's usually about 4 PM. It was pick up and drop off time, so we did need to act in a timely fashion (Fiona likes to chat and show her teachers things and she hasn't been there in 4 days now, including the weekend) but just something in her manner didn't sit well with me. I'll give the benefit of the doubt this time, but the next time I should say something. I am just not sure what.

Last Monday morning--or maybe this was Sunday night--we knew she wasn't going to school, as did she and she said she needed her special things, which were: "1. Ginger Ale (editor's note: I think this is the first time she's had ginger ale), 2. Crackers, 3. Hot Soup, 4. Show, 5. Snuggling, 6. with Daddy, 7. with Mommy if it’s a work day" in that order, with the numbers. Glad to see where I stand, ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may die of cute. Yep, that's it. I've done it.

Look at that TUTU!! And that scrunched up nose and red hair! Oh my!! I don't know if I'll survive my trip, but at least I'll die happy! :)

Ellen Aim said...

Damn they're cute. I can't *wait* to see them in action. Did I mention how much sugar is going to be at my house? ;)