Saturday, July 28, 2007

Never Laugh at Live Dragons

Dragons. Brought to you by Dragonology (and the handbook), although the love of dragons was already there (her dragon friend Dandra sleeps by her head at night, a gift from Triana). Did I mention that earlier? Fiona is sleeping in her own room rather regularly now.

So that is where the tooth fairy came last night, because--ta da!--Fiona lost (well, pushed or took out as it was very loose--I didn't look because surprisingly, I can not stomach watching her move a loose tooth around in her mouth) her first tooth last night after tooth brushing. We put the astonishingly small tooth in the pillow and put it by hers (thank goodness it didn't have to be underneath). Instead of coins, Fiona got a garnet gem (value $5). Dragons love gems, you know. She has been trying to catch one for a few weeks now and apparently you can do this if you leave gems outside of their cave. Once he comes out, you sprinkle dragon dust on a mirror and show it to him. I believe there is a spell that goes with this.

Dragons are also not make-believe according to Fiona. She likes to go to the library and leave "gems" (these little gem-looking like things you can glue on to things if you want to be crafty) outside in places where it looks like a dragon lives. Once, she must have dropped one somewhere else mistakenly or something because it was gone when she walked back to look for it. She is sure the dragon took it. She did say she wouldn't use her garnet gem for the dragons, however.

She has just arrived and informed me that obviously the tooth fairy must be real, too, and I was wrong to say that fairies are make believe. Even mommies make mistakes.

6 comments:

Triana said...

Dragons! Wow, you're very lucky to have someone so brave that can protect you. I know some can be so dangerous!

(OMG, I can't believe she's losing teeth... I mean come on, she can't be that old already!)

Anonymous said...

Hee! Wow, that's amazing, she's losing teeth already! :D I love that her reward was a garnet gem. Dragon love is very cool.

Ellen Aim said...

That is totally cute. Yeah, mommy, fairies aren't make-believe, sheesh!

Lone Star Ma said...

Wow! A dragon-lover! She sounds ike the neatest kid in the world. A book suggestion: Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher by Bruce Coville.

And sleeping in her own bed! Wow!!!!

Shannon said...

such a sweet story.

Veloute said...

LSM: thank you so much for the book suggestion! I lap up book suggestions! I will find it.

She is pretty much one of the neatest kids in the world. ;)

I am still in shock over the tooth. Every time I go to brush her teeth, a little voice inside me goes AAAHHHHHHHHH!! everytime I see inside her mouth. Yes, I fear change.