Saturday, January 07, 2006

Happy 2006

So we indeed have 3 1/2 molars now in Sophia's mouth.

I believe we have mentioned Fiona's beloved backpack--obviously a common word around here and a coveted object because Sophia can now say, quite clearly, "backpack".

We've moved the computer downstairs into the foyer. This has the benefit of being more accessible (and in the fall one can actually use the computer without being assaulted by wasps and flies) ... and maybe I will actually be able to get my thoughts down more quickly. I come up with all sorts of musings while doing dishes, driving, nursing ... but then I sit down to the computer, ah, finally, ... and ... I am completely at a loss as to what to write.

Fiona got an extended Christmas from her Grandpa Brown and her Auntie Alex ... Alex got her a Magic School Bus DVD (the body one) and it is very cool. I won't say how many times it has been watched already (bad mommy!). I have very mixed feelings about exposing kids to video so young (can you tell?) but GOSH the quiet is sure nice and now that she's nearly four, she does obviously learn things from it. Even Sophia learns sign language from her DVDs (That is more interactive, obviously. Mom and Dad have to watch or there is no point to it).

1 comment:

Lone Star Ma said...

Happy New Year! It's great to hear from you again!