Four Things Meme
I have been "tagged", apparently, and although this is not the sort of thing I normally do here, I thought, well, what the heck.
Four Jobs I've Had
1. Cashier: I was the cashier at Long John Silver's for a year in high school. My tag said "Seaman Apprentice". Guess what got old faster than that job?
2. Herb/Vitamin salesperson: I started as a cashier at Nature's Harvest in Tampa, Florida and then moved up to this job. I learned a lot about vitamins and supplements and herbs and enjoyed this job except for some strange customers and dismal hours.
3. Lab Assistant: I worked in a molecular biology (botany) lab during and after working there as the dishwasher (Hey, I was a dishwasher in a restaurant, too, but that was totally different. They didn't have autoclaves.) It was really interesting, but I don't think I was very good at it. I loved the people I worked with though, and I met my husband that way.
4. Cook/Assistant Innkeeper: I was the "chef" at a bed and breakfast inn (there were 11 rooms, so it was big for a B&B, but small for an inn ...). I was the only cook there (except on my days off) but I got to design the menus, keep inventory, make some lunches and a couple of dinners (those were my favorite). I enjoyed cooking there a lot, and I also enjoyed working behind the innkeeper desk. 99% of our guests were really pleasant and interesting. I had fabulous bosses, as well. I only left to bear and care for an infant! That is a good job, too.
Four Movies I Can Watch Over & Over
3.Any of the LoTR movies
4.Yellow Submarine. That is mostly out of my control at this point, though.
Four Places I've Lived
1. Denton, TX
2. Tampa, FL
3. Charlotte, NC
4. Austin, TX
Four Places I've Vacationed
1. Montreal, Canada
2. Rochester, MN
3. Bar Harbor, Maine
4. Seville, Spain
Four of My Favorite Dishes
1. Single Pebble's "Mock Eel" (it's shittake mushroom)
2. Doug's fried chicken with biscuits
3. Doug's hamburgers
4. Thanksgiving dinner
Four (Non-Blogger) Sites I Visit Daily
(none of these are daily, but non-blogger ones I visit frequently)
Four Places I'd Like To Visit
1. Denton, TX
2. Austin, TX
3. Petaluma, CA
4. Tampa, FL