Sunday, December 17, 2006

Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear...Every Time...You are Near?

Two things have happened recently in regards to Fiona. First, we went to her friend Max's birthday party; he is five now. She has been playing with Max since she was about 6 months old. I suppose it would be more accurate to say, she has been playing near Max since then and they gradually started playing together. Anywho.

A couple of days later, Max told his mom, Ame, the following (the words aren't going to be exact here; I am paraphrasing)...his party was at a barbeque restaurant that has a !!play area!!:

Max: At my party, Fiona and I played a racing game.

Ame: Oh?

Max: Fiona said that if I won, she would give me a kiss.

Ame: Oh? Did you win?

Max: Yeah (said very sweetly).

Ame: Did she give you a kiss?

Max: Yeeeah (same sweet tone, sort of shy and happy).

(Fiona told me she also gave Kira a kiss, too, as well.)

And a few days later, I hear from her friend Gryphon's (I love this name) mom. At his school, the kids made paper turkeys and wrote something they were thankful for on each of 5 feathers. He wrote his mom, his dad, his brother, his grandmother, and ...Fiona. It's fairly surprising because now that Fiona goes to school every morning, she doesn't get to play with him very often anymore. I can't even remember the last time she did. Surely not as long ago as last summer! Perhaps, though.

No comments: