Monday, December 10, 2007

The Holiday 2007 Photo Shoot

I really need a big black drape of some sort so I don't have to share the ancient yellowing wallpaper...the bottom of the door coated with smears...the who knows what I haven't noticed yet...


This was one of my favorites, mostly because I was able to get some natural light in instead of using flash. Not easy in the winter.





I got pictures like this last one by saying delightful things like "Buddy-butt poopy butt!" "Here comes Mommy Poopy Butt!" They call their bottoms "Buddybutts" (maybe it's "buttybutts"? "bummybutts"? or all of the above...) sometimes and they know I am not wild about it, but it sure does make them laugh! I think they had trouble breathing on the last one. Fiona was laughing nearly as hard as when I visited her Kindergarten class for the first time and her teacher asked me, in front of the class, whether I preferred to be called Mrs Brown or Rachael. The idea of calling me Mrs Brown (not my real name, by the way) was absolutely like opening up a can of the funniest possible thing imaginable to a 5 year old.

It was actually pretty fun to do, then Fiona accidentally....I think...busted Sophia's wooden doll house and it needs gluing back together. That just sort of screws up the whole day.

4 comments:

Triana said...

That first picture should be called "Work It, Girl!"

Cute!

Anonymous said...

Eeee! They are so insanely beautiful. :D What amazing Christmas photos!

Lone Star Ma said...

Too wonderful. Our kids need to meet! We're going to Dallas on the 26th....

Ellen Aim said...

omg, so frickin cute.

I love the things that make them laugh. Things were NEVER like that in OUR household. Ever.