Friday, January 18, 2008

Won't You Be My Neighbor?




So the house next to us has been for sale for what seems like ages. Someone bought it a couple of weeks ago and I finally met one of them today. Fiona asked to play outside, which thrilled me, so out we went. It was the kind of snow that adheres to itself really well so we (I) made a snowman. Our neighbor came out and shoveled the driveway and Sophia looked over and said "HIIIII!". So we have now met Dave, who went to NECI, and whose wife is an accountant. He seems very nice and the girls really wanted to spend the entire afternoon chatting at him. They have a dog named Misha, who seems nice enough so far. They moved from a different town and they seemed to like how quiet it was on our street. This sounds promising. He left for a bit in his car after chatting with us (no, I don't think we scared him away).

We finally went inside so the girls could relax after watching me build a snowman and so I could get accessories for said snowman. I decided to take pictures of the snowman. I also put my arm around him and posed for more pictures. Right at this exact moment, our neighbor drives back up (the snowman is pretty much right next to their driveway, but up on a hill...so you can really see us). Priceless: buying the house next door to the crazy lady who poses with snowmen.



Go ahead and mock the snowman. I've never really made one before. He's really lumpy. How does one get them all smooth and 3-ball like?

6 comments:

Lone Star Ma said...

He's a wonderful snowman.

Triana said...

CUTE!

You should have my dad teach you, the man is a master with snow. Maybe it's all the construction work. One time we built and actual igloo with snow bricks. I haven't a clue how on earth he made bricks out of snow and then built with them, but he did.

Hey, at least he didn't catch you with your hair on the copier...

Ellen Aim said...

He's neat-o. I have a hard time making snowBALLS, so there that is.

Hair on the copier? Sounds fabulous, must try.

Triana said...

WOW! I love your banner!

Veloute said...

Thank you! Made by the talented Alex!

I would love to know how to make snow bricks, too. I know I can do it with paper juice cartons, but there must be another way if you want a lot of them...

Quinn said...

Love the snowman? But whats his name? LOL