Tuesday, June 09, 2009

9 Days

I'm not going to be able to do a full countdown here because the computer will be packed away next Monday or Tuesday. Gulp. I'm sure the withdrawal symptoms will begin within hours. Perhaps minutes.

I've spent the better part of the day trying to figure out where we will stop for the four nights on our trek to Texas and also locating hotels that are not skanky (at least based on reviews), not overpriced, and have a pool (which we can only hope is not strangely oily and cloudy looking like one of the last places we stayed in. Shudder.). Oh, and are available. That helps.

We're going to see Up! tonight after some greasy spoon food from the Dairy Creme in Montpelier. I think a Dish of Dirt is probably a requirement (I believe it's chocolate cake, fudge sauce, chocolate ice cream, and two gummy worms--Fiona always gets that, and finally, now that she's 7, it doesn't look bigger than her head. I still think she should share it with someone, but she eats the whole thing). I'm sure we'll get a huge bowl of popcorn, which will thrill Sophia, who is my little popcorn fanatic. Like me.

I should now clean, as we have people looking at the house at 7 PM. All I want to do is take a nap. It's very dark today and rainy. Mostly dark. It's odd when it's like this, because the it's so green outside that it nearly glows. I need to bring in some smelly lily-of-the-valley soon. While I still can. I'll miss that.

Tomorrow marks one week until the day we leave.