Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Houston, Part Deux



There were several nice playgrounds in the area, which is definitely one thing I wish we had more of here. There were flowers! Butterflies! Oh, and a lizard. Yes. While looking at houses on Friday, we found a lizard in the back yard (Psst! Run away lizard! Run while you can!) Actually, I think it was a gecko. I'm not a herpetologist (And yes, I had to look up that word. What did we do before The Google?). So, I foolishly drew the kids' attention to said reptile and this creature completely captivated their interest. This could have gone on for hours, but we had houses to see, colds to develop. Wish I had a picture of this fascination! That house remained the favorite for the day because it was the "Lizard House". Actually, that house is one that went right in the bin. Plus it was next door to a barking dog.



We ate breakfast twice at Mamasita's (the NASA location). The girls had the scrambled egg and bacon tacos both times. They didn't have the fresh orange juice either time we went (which was too bad on Saturday; I could have really used it). I had the scrambled egg and dried beef and the next day just the scrambled eggs with potatoes. I wanted the shredded beef, but that wasn't ready right at opening time (why?). I asked for tea Saturday morning and got iced. Note to self: next time, specify. You're in the South, now. I love iced tea (unsweetened here, too, hooray!), so it was okay. The oranges were to help entertain the kids. Okay, I lie. I just like making orange smiles.

I need a hot bath. The kind that peels paint off the walls. I'll have to do this in parts.

3 comments:

Lone Star Ma said...

You in Houston! Joy! Um, insurance in Galveston, though? Really? I don't think Galveston is insurable anymore...

Veloute said...

It's life insurance ;)

Lone Star Ma said...

Ah!