Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Downward Dog

I am so proud of myself. I actually dragged my post childbirth butt to yoga class! It's even right here in town, so I don't have to schlepp to the "Big City" (of about 8,000 people, 20 minutes away). It was a good class. I even have a friend in the class. You don't get better than that.

And now for the Way Too Much Information part of this post. Really, I'm warning you. If you have kids, it's pretty tame, but if not...well, it's hard to say. I can't remember if I'd be horrified reading the upcoming or just revolted.

I was shocked to discover that Sophia apparently ATE some crayons while we were drawing yesterday. They have been eating a lot of strawberries and blueberries and so I have been changing a lot of diapers. The last one not only was, well, dark blue, but technicolor. Bits of yellow, red, and blue. I told you she eats everything. She also likes rocks. You can see why I don't like to let her out of my sight. Ever.

Doug has taken the girls out while I was in class (which I why I am typing at 8 PM at night) to stomp spiders at the arcade. Both girls love to do this. They are not really spiders, just these red lights that you stomp on when they light up and you get points. Fun for all.

It has been raining so much this month. It rained again today. A friend of mine said it has rained 20 out of 27 days this month and that is double what we usually get. Hard to enjoy the summer when all it does is rain. Apparently, it's making things very very hard for the farmers here.

I think Fiona and I may be marching in the Fourth of July parade with the Montpelier school. I don't usually do parades, but we'll try it. Maybe it will rain and be cancelled.

5 comments:

Triana said...

Yoga! Beautiful!! I need to get my butt into yoga again too. It so helps the sciatica. I actually got to the point where I could touch the floor again. Was so lovely. Good for you!

Parades! That's awesome!

Ellen Aim said...

You mock us. We have severe water restrictions all over the metroplex. No rain. Had a couple farts of thunder last weekend, but that's it. Le sigh.

Lone Star Ma said...

Yes, our farmers also feel mocked in South Texas.

I also have one who cannot be left alone for a minute (she likes to throw herself off of things head-first; I think she is doing blood pressure experiments on me) - it is...so scary. I'm glad you got to do something relaxing!

Veloute said...

I wouldn't like the total abscence of rain, either :( (But it should only rain at night, and not on July 3rd). If I had the power to send our rain to Texas, I would! I think it must be stuck up here. Someone should take a look.

Ah, blood pressure experiments. Maybe that is her evil plan.

I actually found I was still flexible during yoga. I was amazed. My back, however, seems to be getting quite stiff (age?) (unuse?) (too much use?) and, of course, I've got the killer sciatica, so hopefully this will help. Neck also very stiff. I really should do this stuff at home, too, but going somewhere else seems to make a world of difference.

Plus there are ADULTS there. They talk. It's so nice.

(Ok, Doug is here, but I mean when he is not here, hee hee!)

reviewer said...

Ohh, I used to do yoga. Prenatal yoga though. I did it my entire pregnany with Lucas. I truly believe that it helped me birth him so easily.