Ellen Aim has tagged me once again. We'll be going back...back...back to the year 1991. Whoa, I'm feeling just a little like I should have some grey hairs.
1. Go to http://www.popculturemadness.com/
2. Pick the year you turned 18
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the songs of the year
4. Write something about how the song affected you
5. Pass it on to 5 more friends
1. Unforgettable - Nat and Natalie Cole
Really? Well, okay, cool. It sure wasn't on any radio station I listened to, though...
2. Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince
3. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams
4. Gonna Make You Sweat - C + C Music Factory
5. More Than Words - Extreme
6. O.P.P. - Naughty By Nature
7. True Companion - Marc Cohn
8. Good Vibrations - Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch
9. Strike It Up - Black Box
10. Power of Love/Love Power - Luthor Vandross
I don't know most of these songs, but I sort of like #3 in a "Oh my gosh, did I just admit that to the world?" kind of way. Actually, that is the ONLY song I recognize.
11. Its So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday - Boys II Men
12. Enter Sandman - Metallica
13. Motownphilly - Boys II Men
14. Crazy - Seal
15. God Bless The USA - Lee Greenwood
16. Unbelievable - EMF
17. Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless) - Crystal Waters
18. Lets Talk About Sex - Salt N Pepa
Wow, 1991 sort of sucked, didn't it? At least Metallica is on there. I had to listen to that song on iTunes because I haven't listened to Metallica in ages. I actually like Metallica when I am in the right mood, but I've already confessed to that earlier, I believe. Ah, Flying Tomato, you shall be missed!
19. Black Or White - Michael Jackson
20. It Ain't Over Till It's Over - Lenny Kravitz
21. When A Man Loves A Woman - Michael Bolton
22. Here We Go - C+C Music Factory
23. P.A.S.S.I.O.N. - Rythm Syndicate
24. Star Spangled Banner - Whitney Houston
25. Coming Out Of The Dark - Gloria Estefan
26. Wind Of Change - Scorpions
27. Things That Make You Go Hmmmm... - C+C Music Factory
28. Emotions - Mariah Carey
29. I've Been Thinking About You - Londonbeat
There's just nothing here. I guess I just didn't have the radio on. Thank goodness.
46. I Touch Myself - Divinyls
I. Hate. That. Divinyls. Song.
51. Justify My Love - Madonna
Okay, I actually like Madonna. So sue me.
56. I Wanna Sex You Up - Color Me Badd
Dark days, the early 90s.
61. Losing My Religion - R.E.M.
Finally! An awesome song. I feel better now.
66. Kiss Them For Me - Siouxsie & The Banshees
And again. Big sigh of relief. I don't feel totally lost anymore.
71. Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
Chris Isaak is only #71? What. Ever.
73. Do The Bartman - The Simpsons
74. Shiny Happy People - R.E.M.
Okay, so we'll end on a positive note!
I tag Triana and Lone Star Ma. If you would like to participate, please do!